From 28 AUD p/month
- Members: 40 million members worldwide
- User base: Ages range from 18 to 55 and over. The optimum age range for members is between 25 and 34 for both females and males.
- Best for: Singles of any age, but particularly those aged 34 and under, who are seeking meaningful relationships
- Recommended age: 25 to 34
What is Zoosk? Overview
Pros / Cons
- Straightforward registration – can be accomplished in minutes
- Sign up via Facebook or Google account
- You can skip aspects of your profile compilation and return later, enabling you to start searching quicker
- Chat room facility
- Matching available for free members
- Only premium members can message other site users
- Limited access until your account has been validated
- If you sign up normally, you’ll still be encouraged to link with your social media accounts
Estimated 550,000+ members in the UK alone, with about 80,000 active every week.
Gender split: Male 55% Female 45%
The majority of members of Zoosk dating are resident in the USA, although Zoosk Australia enjoys considerable membership. Most of the site’s users fall into the 25 to 34-year-old age demographic. The good thing about Zoosk is that it is popular with singles seeking longer-term matches.
Setting up a profile is relatively easy. On the site’s homepage, you are given the option of registering via your Facebook or Google Account profile. This will take seconds to do, and because you are linking to an existing account, there is no intermediary verification step. After doing so, you presented with the first profile screen. The leading question asks you to specify your preference – men interested in women, women interested in men, a man interested in men, or women interested in women.
After completing this drop-down, you enter your date of birth – by clicking ‘continue’ you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of usage. The next screen establishes your location, followed by a photo upload. Next, you state your body type, whether you have children, the highest level of education, ethnicity, height in centimetres, whether or not you smoke, and finally, you receive a notice about the use of personal data.
Profile pictures are visible to everyone, and you can compose a story for integration into your profile. When you send a digital gift to another member, this will be featured in their profile.
Within your profile, there is a provision to complete various interests to allow other site users to find matches according to compatibility. Because profile validation is a requirement, you should find yourself interacting with genuine as opposed to fake accounts.
Screenshots of profile information:
Search Features on Zoosk
Zoosk has a straightforward enough search facility, located in the top-left corner of your webpage. You select ‘Search’ below the Zoosk logo, and whatever initial preferences were selected during the registration process will be displayed as your options.
During searches for partners, you can be matched in various ways. Profile suggestions are shown to you via ‘Carousel,’ allowing you to indicate your thoughts via X, maybe, or check.
According to our Zoosk dating site review, when you take out a free membership you are restricted about your messaging options. You can browse other profiles and send ‘flirts.’ Your recipient will see these but won’t be able to reply to a free member. The same restriction exists when you send virtual gifts.
This QuickFlirt review now lets you know what it will cost you to upgrade your QuickFlirt account and get full access to all the features. The 1 month subscription costs 48.30 AUD. A 3 months subscription costs 96.30 AUD or an equivalent of 32.10 AUD per month. The 6 month subscription costs 136.80 AUD or 22.80 AUD per month.
54 Australian dollars
108 Australian dollars
162.50 Australian dollars
Zoosk Australia Coins
27 Australian dollars
54 Australian dollars
Free VS Premium
- Browse the site
- Preview functionality and check out other members
- Send messages and chat with other subscribed members
- See profiles of site users who have viewed you
- Connect with SmartPick introductions (based on compatibility)
- Free to download in Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- The mobile app includes the majority of the same functions as the web version
- The app facilitates a more streamlined sign-up procedure
- Optimized for the best mobile user experience available for customers
Zoosk has a great design and certainly looks the part for dating. But the biggest issue facing newcomers is being able to sift through the many inactive profiles.
Who is Zoosk owned by?
Zoosk is operated by Zoosk Inc., a company based in San Francisco, California, USA.
How long has Zoosk been operating?
This platform has been operational in the USA and as Zoosk Australia and various other forms since 2007.
What age do you have to be to sign up to Zoosk?
You must be aged 18 and over.
How easy is it to sign up to become a member?
Registration is straightforward. The application form is located on the homepage. You can sign up via your Facebook or Google Account credentials.
If premium membership preferable?
As with most dating outlets, there are far more functions available to subscription-holders. You can choose from three separate package durations for your membership.
How to cancel membership?
It is easy enough to cancel your membership, and you can do so at any time. Go into your Account Settings. If you have a Premium Membership, you will still be able to use your Zoosk features until the conclusion of your billing cycle.
Will refunds be made available in the event of time not being used?
Unfortunately, no refunds are issued by Zoosk.
Is Zoosk a legitimate website?
Yes, Zoosk is a legitimate website with a widespread membership.
Is Zoosk free to use?
Zoosk offers free registration. But beyond surfing around the site to see what’s on offer, you would be better advised to take out a membership to take full advantage of the Zoosk dating site functions.
Is Zoosk any good?
Zoosk could be described as a middle-of-the-range dating resource; there are worse ones, but there are certainly much better.