From 15.99 AUD p/month
- Members: 21.5 million
- Best for: Men and women seeking both casual and serious relationship
- User base: Women and men of all types and ages
- Recommended age: 20-50
Many people still choose blind dates instead of going online and getting to know the person they like first. Of course, the traditional way of finding a partner is great, but is it as safe as communicating with potential partners via online chat? Give it a try at least. Check out our Match review and see if it’s worth it.
What is Match? Overview
Pros / Cons
- Users can enter their preferences when it comes to the ideal match. This will aid the algorithm to connect you with members that match your choice.
- Profiles on Match.com are detailed. You can browse different profiles and check their information, such as physical appearance, political views, number of kids, and other factors that will impact your choice.
- There are few paid membership packages available, so users can pick the one that suits their needs.
- It is suitable for any sexual orientation. Just enter your preference, and the system will show you the right results.
- There are lots of fake profiles on the site. You might be happy to receive messages from handsome members to check their profile and find out that it isn't legit.
- Some users have companies that the algorithm doesn't work as expected. It connects people based on location and not common interests.
- If there aren't enough local users, the site will connect you with ones from another state.
- The dating site isn't suitable for seniors. It doesn't do the age matching properly and is difficult to navigate through.
Before you join, you want to know more about the member structure on the dating site. About 27% of the members fall in the age group of 35-44. Match Australia is open for members of the LGBT community, so all you need to do is enter your specific preference. Further, in this review, you will find more information about this.
When it comes to online dating profiles, there are a few things that I want to point out in this review.Match.com shows compatible users on your homepage. If you confirm, then they will let them know that you are interested. However, this feature tends to suggest users that don’t match. The site doesn’t do any screening for profiles. This means that there are so many fake profiles out there, so be careful who you talk to. I have stumbled upon some too good to be true profiles that looked suspicious. Also, it is challenging to block profiles if you don’t want to contact them.
Search Features on Match
Finding the right match isn’t easy. The dating site allows you to enter specific parameters such as age, religion, number of kids, or others you find important. In this Match Review, I already mentioned that your page’s suggestions aren’t relatable, so you might need to do a manual search. Enter your desired parameters to tailor the search results and find members that match your interests and preferences. Each user has the option to write a short bio, so check it out.
Match.com has a private message system to connect you with other members. However, access is restricted for a free membership. If you find the right match for dating, you will be disappointed to find out that you can’t contact them. Only paid accounts can send emails or private messages. You can send a wink for free, but paid members won’t be able to get back. If you are serious about online dating, you need to get a premium membership.
3 months cost
6 months cost
12 months cost
Free VS Premium
The free account on Match.com limits your activity on the dating site, as you can only browse and open profiles. It limits you from getting in contact with users. This Match dating site review has helped you get an idea about the price to quality ratio. You might find the pricing system a bit confusing, as it has two types of plans.
Despite getting the chat feature, you can get extras such as year review, more visibility, and email notifications. Keep in mind that Match.com doesn’t offer any refunds. Their customer service isn’t responsive to users’ requests, so you won’t get the assistance you expect from a paid dating account.
Match.com has a dating app available for users. However, they might find it confusing to navigate thought. If you type a message and open the profile, you will lose the text, and you need to start from scratch.
Match might make your online dating harder. The free membership doesn’t allow many options, so you will need to upgrade. Another downside is that being a member of the Match dating site is quite expensive. If you face a particular issue on the site, don’t expect to get assistance instantly.
Is Match a legitimate website?
Match.com is a dating site that was founded in 1993. There is a vast network of users, so there is plenty of fish in the sea. However, it is expensive and has many fake profiles. In this review, I pointed out the crucial problems, so go through them thoroughly.
Is Match free to use?
Match Australia allows a limited set of features for free online dating accounts. Users can sign up and browse profiles for free. If you wish to contact users, you need to purchase a premium plan. Members can choose between the Standard and Premium membership package. The 12-month membership offers the best price per month, but they don’t provide a refund if you aren’t satisfied with the service.
Is Match any good?
Match.com is a well-known site that comes with advantages and disadvantages. Although it displays detailed information on profiles, the algorithm can connect you with members that aren’t compatible. Also, the price doesn’t offer good value. Read our complete review to get to know more.